21st JulyReblogged from: foodopia+423 notes
8 vegetables that you can regrow again and again.
You can regrow scallions by leaving an inch attached to the roots and place them in a small glass with a little water in a well-lit room.
When garlic begins to sprout, you can put them in a glass with a little water and grow garlic sprouts. The sprouts have a mild flavor than garlic and can be added to salads, pasta and other dishes.
Bok choy can be regrown by placing the root end in water in a well-lit area. In 1-2 weeks , you can transplant it to a pot with soil and grow a full new head.
Put carrot tops in a dish with a little water. Set the dish in a well-lit room or a window sill. You’ll have carrot tops to use in salads.
Put clippings from basil with 3 to 4-inch stems in a glass of water and place it in direct sunlight. When the roots are about 2 inches long, plant them in pots to and in time it will grow a full basil plant.
Cut off the base of the celery and place it in a saucer or shallow bowl of warm water in the sun. Leaves will begin to thicken and grow in the middle of the base, then transfer the celery to soil.
Put romaine lettuce stumps in a 1/2 inch of water. Re-water to keep water level at 1/2 inch. After a few days, roots and new leaves will appear and you can transplant it into soil.
The stems of cilantro will grown when placed in a glass of water. Once the roots are long enough, plant them in a pot in a well-lit room. You will have a full plant in a few months.
OHHHHHHReblogged from: actualjo+47,860 notes
3rd JuneReblogged from: medijeronqueestabasaqui+1,586 notes
14th AprilReblogged from: gastrogirl+585 notes
14th AprilReblogged from: gastrogirl+817 notesfruitcheesecakereddessertmini tart
16th FebruaryReblogged from: everybody-loves-to-eat+86 notes
Beet RavioliReblogged from: dietkiller+34 notes
Strawberry Wonton CupsReblogged from: dietkiller+818 notes
6th JanuaryReblogged from: thecakebar+1,354 notes
It’s that time again!!! Time to get fit and in shape!
Happy Holidays everybody! Hope everyone is enjoying the time with good friends, a loving family and good food!!!
So…… it’s time to put our healthy lifestyle resolution on our to-do list this year! Hopefully these recipes might help? I hope so.
Above are pictures of recipes that I’ve collected recently or over the years from wonderful blogs all over the internet with healthy lifestyle food recipes. Some of these can even be used for a New Year’s Party!
Click the links below to get the rebloggable link/and resource links to all recipes and tutorials!
Stay tuned for other ‘themed’dessert trending posts! I’ll have them all tagged here @ TheCakeBar
- Lower-Sugar Mango Ice Cream - Gluten free, dairy free, eggless, low sugar and no ice cream machine needed (if making popsicles)
- Cucumber Jalapeno Popsicles - Great snack with spicy healthy kick!
- Skinny Funfetti Cake Dip - Made with non-fat yogurt, it’s a great new years party dip!
- Chocolate Buttermilk Beet Banana Cake - made with no butter, uses applesauce instead! also has beets and bananas a delicious healthy chocolate cake!
- Fruit and Herbs Flavored Water Tutorials - Several tutorials to help you drink more water! Makes it much easier to drink 8 glasses a day!
- Triple Chocolate Muffins - made with only egg whites, no oil/butter, great mini snack to calm chocolate cravings!
- Cranberry Cheesecake - low carb, gluten free a perfect cranberry dessert for the holiday season!
- Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies - butterless and flourless, a perfect treat to help slim that waste line!
- 200 Calories Hot Fudge Brownies - need I say more?!
- Avocado Pops Tutorial - Refreshing and healthy sweet treat!
- Best Ever Healthier Chocolate Coffee Brownies - made with olive oil, and organic eggs, dark chocolate and perfect for coffee lovers!
- Angel Food Cake Tutorial - This is perfect if you’re trying to eat healthier. Angel food cake is a butterless cake that’s perfect for ANY occasion.
- Funfetti Protein Angel Food Cake - sugar free, butterless…. a great new years party cake too!
- Tips and Baking Help - Useful guide to help you learn more about baking!
- Search The Cake Bar for more Holiday Tutorials and Recipes!
- ****Need baking advice? ask me here!
- Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter
Happy Holidays! Enjoy!Reblogged from: thecakebar+4,465 notes
30th DecemberReblogged from: gastronomyfiles+84 notes
- I posted this DIY yesterday from another blog, but this one has the labels for the bottle and the recipe! Also, I got about 10 messages saying I messed up the link on yesterdays post, so why not post again?! Sorry! <3
- DIY Labels here
~ Remember you have till Jan. 6th or so to hand out gifts and cards. Don’t be late!Reblogged from: thecakebar+1,671 notesDIYGIFTgiftspopular giftsawesomehandmadecheaphomemadehomemade giftssavingchristhmaspancakechocolate chipsoatmealdo it yopurselfpinterest
23rd DecemberReblogged from: foodopia+906 notes
23rd DecemberReblogged from: foodopia+295 notesNew years evefooddinnerideaschangeporkpornfooddelidelicious
8th DecemberReblogged from: gastrogirl+271 notes